Monday, April 5, 2010

Lovely Wood

Lately I've been seeing a lot of reclaimed wood incorporated into design in really creative and inspiring ways.  The latest issue of House Beautiful has an entire spread on woods you've never heard of as well as some incredible rooms.  Just last night, I was watching Extreme Home Makeover and they created these awesome stools out of a reclaimed tree that went down in a hurricane.  It got me thinking that some of these things would be affordable and fun to incorporate into your home.

I love the use of natural wood I saw on this post on Design Sponge today.  The tables add great texture and contrast to an otherwise very sleek and modern space. 

The Tamarind cubes shown in House Beautiful would be a great option in place of the tables above.  They also provide extra seating and best of all, they are made of salvaged wood from road construction sites in the Philippines.
I would love to tie back my curtains with these banana bark beads also featured in House Beautiful.
And then of course there's my absolute fave:  Urban Hardwoods.  I could stare at their art furniture all day everyday and never get tired of it.  I just love that they create beautiful pieces that feel so organic and rich and luxurious from something that would otherwise be discarded. 

Can you believe they can take this:

and turn it into pieces like this

and this

and this

and and and...and I could post pics all day but I'll leave you with this last one.

Here's to getting wild with wood!

besos,

diana

No comments:

Post a Comment