Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Scream, You Scream

Its safe to say that my world revolves around ice cream.  I'm not embarassed, although I can't say the same for my husband ;)  I live by the rule that there is always room for ice cream.  Like anything else we consume these days its important to know what kind of affect the ice cream industry is having on the environment.  Does that sound silly?  Maybe.  But if you're like me your ice cream consumption could actually have an impact.  So, here is a company that happens to be one of my favorites and happens to be making a difference This makes me proud to call myself an ice cream addict.  Aaaaaaand, the next time I get the eyebrow raise on my way out the door to pick up a pint of my favorite flavor I'll be able to combat it with a plethora of reasons why eating ice cream is synonymous with doing the right thing.  Or something like that...

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  Just the name alone makes my mouth start to water.  With names like Boston Cream Pie, Dulce Delish and Chunky Monkey, its hard not to want to grab a spoon and dig in!  But did you know that good ol B&J:  Gives back to many non profit organizations.  Packages their ice cream in an eco friendly container.  Were the 1st company in the United States to use the HC Freezer which does not contribute harmful refrigerant gases into the atmosphere.  Promotes sustainable farming practices through the Dairy Stewardship Alliance.  Purchases vanilla, cocoa and coffee beans from fair-trade organizations.  I could continue to list all of the wonderful reasons to eat and love Ben & Jerry's because there really are a whole bunch more, but instead I'll just show you some scrumptious pictures to get your tastebuds primed and wanting more!


This is how I feel when I eat ice cream.  Yes, EVERY time.


With that, I bid you:


besos!

diana

No comments:

Post a Comment