Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sold! To the lady in the front with the pony...

I had planned to start the "real" posts with something more glamorous, but life happens and this is what is happening in my life...

This weekend my husband and I resolved to always have easy to grab lunches on-hand for him to take to work.  Out came the crockpot, in went the ingredients and in just a few hours we had a delicious smelling pot full of chicken-coconut curry.  Then came the lasagna.  Needless to say it was a busy little Sunday, let me tell you!  The plan was to put it all into meal-sized containers and freeze it.  The problem was all we have is plastic containers (cringe) and he can't microwave those, I won't allow it.  So I've been searching for DURABLE glass containers.  Here are a few options that I found:

My favorite option is the vintage glassware from The Container Store.  I especially like the fact that it has a glass lid rather than the plastic that most of the other options come with.
Or a fun idea for kids also from The Container Store:



This set of 3 glass containers from Greenfeet is another great option.



And since I'm a coffee drinker, seriously you don't want to meet me if I haven't had my morning coffee...here are a few products I'm using to reduce my coffee stain so to speak:

and also these


besos,

diana

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you are doing this! We are in the process of living more green/organic, hopefully. I was reading in our co-op newspaper where/how to start, it can be so expensive to do it all at once so we are starting w/ food and then moving onto household items. We just started a local organic produce delivery and as we run out of products around the house we will replace w/ green/natural products. I am excited to read your blog on ways to do this and ideas...I already love your glass food storage ideas! I have never seen them w/ glass lids, so cool! Now they just need indestructible ones for Matt to put in his bag so he doesn't crush them while he rides his bike to work!!!

    ReplyDelete