Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Accessories Swap

Hey there!  I know its been way too long since I've posted but I think I've finally settled into a routine with the new job and blogging and just life in general.  Thanks for your patience.  I promise to continue to bring you new and exciting eco-friendly thoughts, tips and anything else I happen to come across.

A couple of weekends ago I attended the Eco Chic Expo and met the lovely Piper Lauri Salogga of Natural Balance.  http://www.naturalbalance9.com/  Piper informed me of a fabulous upcoming event in Seattle on May 23rd that she is organizing.  Its called a home accessories swap and it is a fantastic way to recycle some of your accessories or furniture that you no longer have use for and get some great new finds to freshen up your home!  If you RSVP ahead of time you pay just $10 to participate and then everything swapped is FREE!!!  Yep, you can get a new look for your home for just $10.  As a bonus, any non-swapped items will be generously donated to the Childrens Hospital Thrift Shop.


If you are interested in more information or want to RSVP for the event click here


I was thinking that for those of you who are not in the local Seattle area that this would be a great event that you could organize in your own city.  Find a community center or local school gym, gather up some friends to help you with the details like creating flyers, select a charity to donate any un-swapped items and help your community do something fun and green!



Have fun!!!

besos,

diana

1 comment: